With the first weekend of December, the Christmas spirit arrives at La Conca.
Once again Roberta is delighted to declare Open house at La Conca over the weekend of 6th – 8th December. The main attraction will be the annual La Conca Christmas Fair on the Saturday and Sunday. The metaphorical doors will be thrown open from 13.00 hours. All members are welcome and if any would like to set up a festive table with produce or gift items, please contact Roberta as soon as possible.
Highlights for Saturday 7th December:
la Bolina is an enterprising local co-operative of young people growing organic vegetables. They will be cooking their lovely produce for snacks and lunches and will be on hand to take orders for vegetable boxes for Christmas. If you would like to purchase some boxes of delicious organic vegetables from them, these can either be collected on Sundays from La Conca or during the week directly from La Bolina. Please order directly from them with at least 2 days notice. – https://www.labolina.org/
To inject a dose of Christmas spirit into the proceedings, starting at 16.00 hours we will have the Ladies Lecrin Valley Choir at La Conca singing seasonal and festive songs.
PP Arnold will be in attendance and will be signing copies of her amazing new album release. In addition, for the soul fans amongst you, there will be t- shirts and other memorabilia.
If you are looking for a more an alternative music and art combination, we will have signed prints of artwork by Youth (Martin Glover of Killing Joke).
Other notable attractions:
- Gym Halama has some great new works and prints on display.
- Our famous cake lady Ruth, is taking orders for mince pies and hampers with a selection of her fabulous cakes.
- Emma Plunkett has lovely cards and ceramics and some other artists are displaying art, jewellery and prints.
- Mother and daughter team Sue and Zoe LeVack have beautiful original children’s handmade clothes and other arty bits.
- Other local Spanish artists will be presenting their work too.
- Our local Women’s Association (a bit like the WI!) will be selling homemade jams and crocheted and embroidered fabrics and clothing items.
Last but not least, Roberta will be on hand with some special and very individual marmalades and olive oil. The La Conca store will be open and as usual, we will be having a sale of unique furniture and salvage pieces, doors and antiques.
Alongside the stylish furniture and exquisite decor in our military tents, there will be a special selection of quality vintage clothing in the form of our new Tienda Glamour, new to you, 2nd look, etc.
On the 8th December we are inviting musicians to come for a jam session at 16.00hours.
There will be refreshments available throughout the day along with Roberta’s Soup kitchen style cooking and local produce.
The more conscientious amongst you will appreciate the fact that proceeds will be going to support Valle Verde Animal Rescue and Vale de Marchena school.